[SeasonOfDocs] Sanket Totewar - Hello, World!

Sanket Totewar sanket at totewar.com
Fri Jul 19 16:44:23 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I met Cameron at a meetup a few nights ago where he shared some information
about this very group of (superpowered) individuals coming together to save
the world (from bad documentation) so we humans can live happily (ever
after).

Being an avid fan of Open Source myself (that's how I got
<https://www.amazon.com/Linux-Identity-Office-Starter-Beginners/dp/B00AR10E94>
into
<https://www.amazon.com/Ubuntu-Magazine-Number-Identity-Starter/dp/B00EHZCAKW>
writing <https://opensourceforu.com/2011/07/onama-a-quantum-leap-in-hpc/>),
I could totally relate to his call for other like-minded individuals to
join him to the first email that Linux Torvalds wrote to the minix
community. I am frustrated with what the world currently offers in this
space and I wish to be a part of the change that I want to see.

Here is a little bit about me in a nutshell

   - I completed a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering (with some work in
   jet propulsion engines)
   - Then moved into writing for open-source magazines especially Open
   Source for You (a fork of Electronics for You) and Linux Identity (Clement
   Lefebvre wrote about Mint and me about Ubuntu and other things)
   - Spent a couple of years in a monastery in India, building it from the
   ground up along with a retreat and some schools and raised money and
   awareness for the meditation movement while running a library with monks
   and nuns
   - Completed an internship in a robotics company that was focused on
   converting nuclear waste into electricity
   - Completed an internship with JCB (they manufacture excavators) and had
   my first brush with 'technical' writing
   - Started my journey as a Technical Writer with Thomson Reuters through
   a consultancy back in India
   - Moved around industries - worked with a financial firm, a company that
   manufactures paint dispensers, a company that manufactures semiconductors,
   and education
   - Designed course material and taught underprivileged kids in Dharavi,
   the biggest slum in Asia with a view to making them more employable
   - Moved into technical writing for companies working on cutting-edge
   digital tech
   - Ran a home-made chocolate business (learned a lot)
   - Worked for a digital tech company where I acted as a Technical Writer
   and a Project Manager for building a Content Management System
   <https://www.contentstack.com/> from the ground up
   - Hosted exhibitions and teamed up with a designer to sell handbags and
   accessories (kept learning)
   - Was fascinated with the whole 'mobile app' era and delved right in to
   become a Product Manager and worked closely with companies on the publisher
   (supply) and advertiser sides (demand)
   - Designed a board game and competed with Hasbro (but lost) for a
   contract with Kidzania (still learning)
   - Was poached by a firm in Sydney to work with really big advertisers
   and that is how I arrived here a little over two years ago
   - Was on my way to join the largest mobile attribution firm
   <https://www.appsflyer.com/> in early 2019 Thailand to make a move into
   pre-sales and grow in product management
   - But had just started a course with Harvard University in Strategic
   Management (I get full credit towards their Masters in Management yaay!)
   - So instead decided to stay back in Sydney and move into Technical
   Writing with a humble firm called Deputy
   <https://www.smh.com.au/business/small-business/we-really-like-to-aim-high-and-shoot-for-it-australian-startup-raises-111-million-20181127-p50iql.html>.
   Here, I work closely with the CEO/CTO, report to the VP of Engineering and
   am getting paid to create the foundation of next-gen documentation that
   developer partners can consume to create apps and become a part of the
   Deputy ecosystem
   - In my free time, I dabble with poetry and work on three product
   concepts for my own side hustles (more on LinkedIn
   <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sunk8/>)

I am excited about this opportunity to connect with veterans (there is so
much that I wish to learn from you) who really want to make a difference in
this space (this could be the foundation of the next revolution in tech).
If you will have me, I would love to be more involved and help as much as I
can as time permits.  🙏

At this point, I have more questions than answers...
*Where is the website? What is the project/product roadmap? When do we
start? Do we have a slack group? Do we meet physically/virtually and when?
Are there any unicorns among us? Who killed JFK? Do humans have free will?*

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best Regards,
Sanket Totewar
www.totewar.com
+61 422 478 658