[SeasonOfDocs] formats, tools, workflows: Motion - Use Markdown format (to start with)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 03:55:54 PDT 2019

To bring this email thread to a decision, I put forward the following
motion,

*Motion: As we start developing content for WriteTheDocsProject, our
target format will be Markdown.*

My vote: +1 Cameron

--

This is based on my read of our rough consensus:

* The focus of our project is to create content rather than formats.

* We should pick an initial format to start with, with the long term
goal of supporting multiple formats.

* Markdown seems to be the preferred format from our community here.

* We could change formats some time in the future.

* Some suggestions of setting up a survey, but I'm not sure we have
built a large enough community to engage meaningfully with a survey.

--

I'll hold this motion open until our weekly meeting this week.

--

Voting is as per:
https://github.com/thegooddocs/governance/blob/master/ProjectSteeringCommittee.rst

  * +1 : For
  * +0: Mildly for, but mostly indifferent
  * 0: Indifferent
  * -0: Mildly against, but mostly indifferent
  * -1 : Strongly against. This is expected to be accompanied by a reason.

Project Steering Committee member votes count. (I hope to make this
committee official in the same timeframe).
Votes and opinions from others will be considered.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254