[SeasonOfDocs] 9:39 AM The Good Docs Project status meeting 24 Jul summary

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 23:41:53 PDT 2019

Hi folks, let me know if I got anything wrong here. I did tune out a few
times 😬

Attendees

Cameron, Erin, Felicity, Jennifer, Jo

Covered:

   1. Confirmed to use Markdown as default format.
   2. Confirmed PSC. Chair TBD.
   3. Discussed license selection and possible legal entities to use.
      1. Include a page on the website explaining our license choice
      2. Include a  link to a 'license chooser' (or some kind of license
      primer) on our website.
   4. Discussed website.
      1. General agreement against a CMS and to start simple.
      2. Netlify limits admin seats/users. Would like to hear from Erin
      about Docsy (unfortunately she had to drop off).
      3. Domain - Jo and Cameron to donate funds to secure both
      "thegooddocs" and "thegooddocsproject".  Did we decide on ".dev"?
   5. Twitter. We need to securely store the password somehow - LastPass?
   Jo to get the handle from Sanket.
   6. Email list. We should move off OSGeo Season of Docs. Perhaps create a
   Google Group. Needs further research.

Action

Owner

Send email to propose Chair of PSC.

Jo

Erin to send email confirming our license selection and what Google told
her.

Erin

Felicity

Start content for website - add to Jo's document.

Cameron

Add to source template list

Erin

Take a stab at drafting our core values and mission

Jennifer

Open a discussion about Netlify on the email list

Jennifer

Open a discussion about Google Groups on the email list

Cameron