[SeasonOfDocs] TheGoodDocsProject: Contributor Agreements

Jennifer Rondeau jennifer.rondeau at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:33:12 PDT 2019

A CLA involves signing and in the case of the CLAs I've needed to sign
review by the governing board before you're good to go. Typically
automated, but a multi-step process and more complicated if you need to
sign an org-based CLA (as opposed to a CLA for an individual).

A DCO is integrated with Git (GitHub and I assume other Git servers), so
you provide a `--signoff` argument to your git commits. Or add it to your
git alias.

Either way it's an extra step of some sort, not implicit.