[SeasonOfDocs] ReStructured text editor options

Andrew Jeffrey aljeffrey83 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 03:34:14 PDT 2019

Hi,

Looking for some advice on editing rst files.

To date I've edited rst files via the GitHub web interface option and have
been able to flick over and preview my changes. This has proven just fine
for small doc tweaks.

Now that I plan on making some more substantial changes to files I want to
clone the repo on my machine and work through the changes there. However, I
was curious if there is an editor where I can preview the rst file once
I've modified it, if that does exits at all?

I'm on windows (but also have the option of Ubuntu), so far for editing rst
files I have found these, but no 'preview' ability:

   1. jEdit
   2. NotePad++ via a user defined language
   3. Visual Code via an extension

Any, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Andrew