[SeasonOfDocs] Getting prepped to be a newbie QGIS tech writing volunteer

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:18:31 PDT 2019

Andrew, Belinda, Liam, Johanna, (others?),

I assume you have noticed that our OSGeo submission to Season of Docs
has been successful? All going well, many hopeful technical writers will
be vying to help OSGeoLive / QGIS / GeoNetwork documenting. I'm a bit
nervous about how we will select the best - but more on that in another
thread.

Each of you have indicated your interest in "being mentored" in writing
docs, probably for QGIS. Are you still keen? I think that collectively
you are "experts in being newbie QGIS writers". I'm hoping we can lean
on this expertise to help set the direction for the focus of the Season
Of Docs writing initiative.

I'm thinking it would be really valuable for each of you try fixing
something in the QGIS docs in the next few weeks? Do you have the
bandwidth to take that on? Andrew has already gone through the process
and hopefully he won't mind me dobbing him in to answer questions?

Cheers,

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier