[SeasonOfDocs] SeasonOfDocs - Disruptive Technologies in Cities

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue May 28 06:00:28 PDT 2019

Hi Christoper,

> Just to chip in our interesting from a City Futures Research Centre,
> UNSW Sydney perspective.
>

> We are currently developing a Disruptive Technologies in Cities
> educational module which uses Citydata (Geonode)
> https://citydata.be.unsw.edu.au for sourcing Airbnb data, then inputs
> this into QGIS for some City Analytics to understand spatial patterns of
> Airbnb usage across different cities and within existing cities
>

> If it aligns where this SeasonofDocs initiative is going we would to  be
> happy to contribute this via tutorial, and videos.
>

> A couple of related publications:
>

> Pettit, C.J.  Ticzon,C . Reades, J. Wentz, E.. Ong, P. Martin, C. Troy,
> L. Crommelin, L. (2018) How Disruptive Technology is Impacting the
> Housing and Property Markets in Real Estate and GIS The Application of
> Mapping Technologies, (Reed, R, Pettit, C, eds)  Routledge, pp36-64.
>

> Crommelin, L., Troy, L. Martin, C. Pettit, C. (2018). "Is Airbnb a
> sharing economy superstar? Evidence from five global cities." Urban
> Policy and Research: 1-16.
>

> Any thoughts, interest?

very nice project. We have native support in QGIS since the first 3.0
release (> 1 year ago) but we don't have documentation.

I don't know what is your workflow but you have some good material to
share, also for a dedicated Use case:

https://qgis.org/en/site/about/case_studies/index.html

Cheers and thanks

Matteo