[SeasonOfDocs] Introducing new training into QGIS docs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed May 29 02:09:09 PDT 2019

<changed email title to match content>

On 29/5/19 4:00 pm, matteo wrote:
> Hi Ori,
>
>> This semester we developed series of new QGIS tutorials as part of  our
>> GIS and Urban Informatics course, I am assuming we will be able to share
>> one of those tutorials as an example.
>>
>> I still think that the discussing about how to maintain / update those
>> tutorials in the most efficient way is of a value..hopefully this
>> tutorial can also contribute to others!
> every contribution to QGIS is more than welcome. We have some specific
> sections in out Training Manual [0] (for now 1 specific chapter on
> forestry application), but the idea is to have more specific chapters
> with use cases.
>
> Cheers and thanks
>
> Matteo

Matteo,

Where would Ori start looking if he were to add material into QGIS docs?

Do we have a process for vetting new proposed material? (This might be
something that we should be considering here in Season of Docs). Reasons
why we should consider this:

* We should think about making it easy for users to find the right
material for them.

* We should aim to apply a certain level of quality for material

* We should have a maintenance plan. Eg: Material will only be accepted
if we expect the material is going to be maintained and updated. We can
draw from OSGeo incubation process for tips. Also OSGeoLive project
acceptance criteria [2]

[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/Projects/How_to_apply

--
Cameron Shorter