[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs statusmeeting 11 September 2019

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 14:01:20 PDT 2019

Notes from today's meeting.

Attendees: Cameron, Erin, Jo, Felicity

Licensing

Meeting this week lawyer. Our hope it to walk away with from that meeting
with licence decision.

Email list

https://groups.io/g/thegooddocsproject/

Thank you Jo for setting this up. The config settings are incredibly
granular. We may hit the limit quickly so perhaps we will remove images
altogether. HTML or plain text? Go bare minimum and put stuff back in as we
need it. Beg for extended storage later. Sponsorship opportunity?

3 levels of membership. Owner, moderators, subscribers. Jo is currently the
owner. There can be only 1 owner and multiple moderators.

Steering committee as owners of key infrastructure/tools to remove single
person risk.

Encourage everyone to move across by next week.

Action: Jo to make plain text. Remove images. Investigate multiple owners.
Cameron to chase people to jump onto the list.

CONTRIBUTING.md

https://github.com/thegooddocsproject/thegooddocsproject.github.io/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Connecting with https://thegooddocsproject.dev/

Cameron wants a review at some point.

Website

GitHub branch, pages. How to automate new pages getting added to the
website? Could be that it's on the main branch. It could be our theme?
*Action*: Felicity take a look.

Quickstart guide

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16u4lKHLFCIBmjgJD2oGhM1amUj2IREFVCJ10Y1K6RIQ/edit

Chat about document. We need to get multiple points of review on this
document. Need diverse range of opinions. Action: Cameron to gently nudge
folks to review QuickStart. Let's float it out and come back next week with
people's thoughts.

Logo update

Erin is meeting with the Doctopus logo designer today. Action: Erin send
update about outcome of meeting.

Docsy

No update. Awaiting licence.

Jo has some work commitments so is going to be off the radar for The Good
Docs project for the next month or so. Catch you later Jo!