[Sentinel-pds] Sentinel 2 CSV Extract

Chris Brown cbrown at azavea.com
Wed Dec 14 07:28:09 PST 2016

Thanks Grega.

I did not know about the SNS notification topic -- the Landsat 8 topic is a
little more prominently displayed on the Earth on AWS page for Landsat.

I have not done much Java programming so I might not get to contributing to
the project for a bit. In the meantime, I might just hook up a lambda
function to the SNS topic and come up with some way to track the
state/history.

Chris

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Grega Milcinski <
grega.milcinski at sinergise.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> there is no CSV export available currently, sorry about that.
> If you have resources available, it would be welcome if you could
> implement this part and push it to the Sentinel Ingestor:
> https://github.com/sinergise/Sentinel2ProductIngestor/
> We will then be happy to deploy it.
>
> However, to determine if there is a new imagery to ingest, I would
> recommend to subscribe to AWS notifications, see “Notification service for
> new products” section in the page above. In this way you will get an alert
> immediately after the image is ingested.
>
> Regards
> Grega
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was wondering if it is possible to publish a CSV extract of Sentinel 2
> scenes/images with the publicly hosted imagery on S3 similar to the extract
> for Landsat 8.
> >
> > Azavea has built an ingest pipeline for indexing the Sentinel 2 data for
> an image/satellite processing service. In order to determine if there is
> new imagery to ingest (and verify that we have ingested everything) we
> exploit the directory structure to get the relevant JSON metadata files for
> each day (e.g. 2016/12/11/<product>/productInfo.json), get the list of
> tiles, and then go from there.
> >
> > A CSV extract would help us verify that we are not missing files and
> determine what needs to be indexed for our purposes more efficiently.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > --
> > Chris Brown, GIS Software Developer
> >
> > Azavea |  990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
> > cbrown at azavea.com | P 215.558.6191 | F 215.925.2663
> > Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea

Chris Brown, GIS Software Developer

Azavea |  990 Spring Garden Street, 5th Floor, Philadelphia, PA
cbrown at azavea.com | P 215.558.6191 <(215)%20558-6191> | F 215.925.2663
<(215)%20925-2663>
Web azavea.com <http://www.azavea.com/>  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs
<http://www.azavea.com/Blogs>  | Twitter @azavea <http://twitter.com/azavea>