[Sentinel-pds] Hello from AWS

Sundwall, Jed jed at amazon.com
Fri Jan 29 16:46:34 PST 2016

FYI, I finally got around to joining this list. I want to (a) thank Joe Flasher for setting this up, and (b) apologize for being out of touch for the past few weeks. Some of you may have seen that the beautiful site[1] that Sinergise put up got shared on Twitter, so more people are aware of the project, which is great. Please continue to kick the tires while I sort out what we need to do to make a larger announcement of the project.

FWIW, the data is definitely being put to use. There are currently 38TB of data in the bucket and we’ve served up 10s of millions of requests for data this month. Not bad for so little publicity.

Please feel free to share any issues or ideas with this list. If you want to reach out to me privately, feel free to do that too. I’m definitely interested in learning what people are doing with the data if they’re willing to share.

Have a great weekend,

— Jed.

[1] http://sentinel-pds.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com