[Shapelib] Re: [Gdal-dev] Shapelib and UNICODE

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 11 07:17:57 PST 2004

David Garcia wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Find attached the test files in unicode.
>
> Do you plan to update shapelib to support UNICODE or should I (try to)
> do it?

David,

OK, I have dumped the dbf files with dbfdump and it seems to be capturing
the unicode properly.  In what way do you feel that shapelib isn't supporting
unicode properly?  Is it just that there is no clue returned to indicate that
the file is in unicode?  The text itself seems OK.

At this point it isn't clear what I would change in the code.

Best regards,