[Shapelib] ShapeLib problem with SHPDestroyObject Method in .NET 1.1

Mahesh Anandan mahesh_anandan at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 01:19:47 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am using Shapelib to create Polygon, polyline and point layers. I am using
.NET Wrapper available for the shapelib.

My Problem:

I am creating shape object using the Following method.

ShapeLib.SHPObject shapeObject = ShapeLib.SHPCreateObject.

After writing the shape returned by the create object method, I destroy the
object. I am consistently getting Access Violation error when calling the
following method.

ShapeLib.SHPDestroyObject(shapeObject);

Exact error message is: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

For now, I am checking for shapeObject != null and also wrapped this in a
try catch block. It did not make any difference. I am fighting with this
problem for the last 3 weeks. Appreciate your response at the earliest.

Thank you,

MAHESH ANANDAN