[Shapelib] help with SHPWriteObject

David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us
Fri Jun 16 10:04:16 PDT 2006

Jeff:  Are you using the .NET bindings?  If so, there is a newer version
that resolves some errors in the binding.

David Gancarz

"Jeff Mosch" <Jeff.Mosch at dtn.com>
Sent by: shapelib-bounces at lists.maptools.org
06/16/2006 12:53 PM
Please respond to
Shapelib Development <shapelib at lists.maptools.org>

<shapelib at lists.maptools.org>
cc

Subject
[Shapelib] help with SHPWriteObject

I am having problems whenever I call the SHPWriteObject routine.  I?m able
call all of the other routines that I need.  I get an ?Access Violation?
when making the call to SHPWriteObject.  Are there any common mistakes
that I could check?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks?
Jeff

            hShape = SHPCreate( szRemotePath, SHPT_POLYGON );
            hDBF = DBFCreate( szRemotePath );

            vPolygonNum.vt = VT_I4;
            vPolygonNum.iVal = 0;
            KSHAPEFILES_AddFieldsToDBFNoConnection( hDBF, nTypeInteger,
vPolygonNum, nPrecision1, nNumericScale0, strPolygonNumber );

                            phObject = SHPCreateSimpleObject(
SHPT_POLYGON, knotCounter, dXPos, dYPos, dZPos );
//                                  nObject = SHPWriteObject( hShape,
knotCounter, phObject );
                    SHPDestroyObject( phObject );

// Polygon Number
                                    vPolygonNum.iVal = nThisPolygonNum;
                                    KSHAPEFILES_WriteAttributeToDBF( hDBF,
knotCounter, 0, nTypeInteger, vPolygonNum.iVal );

DBFClose( hDBF );
SHPClose( hShape );