[Shapelib] Writing shapefiles from VB

David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us
Thu Oct 26 12:12:05 PDT 2006

Umm, I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing that.  I have submitted it
in the past -- several years ago, in fact.  But ... in order to
successfuly build the shapelib binary under MS VC 7.1 I had to make some
modifications to the original c source.  Therein lies the problem.  It
would not be a good thing to have to maintain variants of the c source on
maptools.org.  I don't imagine Mr. Warmerdam is too keen on maintaining
variants -- I know I wouldn't!

Once, I did respond to a request like this by attaching a zip of the
project files to a shapelib post.  I got my hand slapped for that
(rightfully so, in retrospect, as it is a large file).  So my solution is
to send these project files to individuals that request them.  It's not an
ideal solution because 1) I'm stuck doing the sending; 2) I'm the only
source; and 3) it introduces shapelib variants into the wild.

So there you have it.

-dhg

Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>
Sent by: shapelib-bounces at lists.maptools.org
10/26/2006 12:47 PM
Please respond to
Shapelib Development <shapelib at lists.maptools.org>

Shapelib Development <shapelib at lists.maptools.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shapelib] Writing shapefiles from VB

David.Gancarz at ci.orlando.fl.us wrote:

> The version of the .net wrapper on maptools.org is old and has some
> bugs, which have been corrected.  If you send me a pm, I will send the
> newer source code to you.

David,

Would it be possible to put your updated .NET bindings on
the Shapelib website?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot