[Shapelib] dbf file for shapefile

Ken S. Elvehjem elvehjem at runestone.net
Sat Aug 11 07:55:25 PDT 2007

Elena,

Seems to me I was told that it was an "xBase" file.

I also think that I have used dBase IV format to work with these files in MS
Excel.

If I am mistaken, I am sure that I'll be corrected shortly;>)

There is a utility (set) that I think is part of the demos in the
distribution that will create a dbf from the command line, create fields,
and populate them.  This has been a handy tool for me once I got it
compiled, as I don't use c, c++, c# or c^2.  I just create a batch file and
let the OS worry about it.

Ken