[Shapelib] How to pick up each segment in a polygon?

Sam sam at ms.xjb.ac.cn
Sat Dec 29 05:12:30 PST 2007

Hi, Frank & Folks,

Is there any difference about Points list between ShapeFormat in ESRI and ShapeLib?
In the shape file specification, the startpoint of each part(or each ring) seems to be twice in Points list.
What about ShapeObject->nVertices in Shapelib? Is it the same order as ESRI? Namely, do nVertices in ShapeLib equal to NumPoints in ESRI?

You know, sometimes I have to pick up each segment of a shapefile(especially, polygon). Would you pls
give me some constructive advices? Any ideas would be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Sam
2007-12-30