[Shapelib] Shapelib for mobile navigation purposes

Constanze Tschritter Conny3 at gmx.de
Tue Jan 30 01:43:12 PST 2007

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply!

I'll probably use the A Star algorithm, because of it's working speed. My Shapefile is a PolyLine road shapefile and I've got POIs in a xml file. The application has to be able to calculate the shortest path (it's a simple data set, nothing sophisticated like Navteq or TeleAtlas data, so it really can only find the shortest path) from the current position to a POI.

I know how to read the coordinates out of the xml files, but I can't figure out how to access the data in the shapefile for the route planning algorithm. As I said, my knowledge in programming is fairly limited.

Cheers
Constanze Tschritter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------