[Shapelib] Error 1 Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.IntPtr' to 'MapTools.ShapeLib.SHPObject'

Álvaro Trindade trindade.alvaro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:11:21 PST 2008

Hi All,

I am brand new with ShapeLib and with C#. I was trying to test it, but, when I try to use the SHPReadObject() i am getting a conversion error:
Error 1 Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.IntPtr' to 'MapTools.ShapeLib.SHPObject'

The code:

ShapeLib.SHPObject currentSHPObject = new ShapeLib.SHPObject();

currentSHPObject = ShapeLib.SHPReadObject(hShp, 1);

What am i doing wrong ? how can i fix it ?

Tks.