[Shapelib] using shapelib with asp.net over the web

jekain314 jekain at geovantage.com
Tue May 6 06:59:44 PDT 2008

This message is from the original author ---

I sent lots of forum traffic at the "asp.net forum" re this subject and have
never resolved it. I have also seen other forum topics re not beomng able to
load shapelib using asp.net from a web host. no responses from here. Some
said I must have the "shapelib.lib" in the environmant PATH rather than just
putting it in the webProjects /Bin folder. Others saif i must have "read &
execute permission set (I did this). My Web Host said they wouldnt put the
shapelib into their host-level bin folder. They claimed that putting
unmanaged code onto their site required some special registration process

So I have substantially redone most of the C shapelib calls using C# ----
but substantially tailored the code for my simple requirements. But I am
able to read the .shp and write a polygon .shp, .shx, and .dbf using asp.net
and C# from my web host (discountasp.net).  Let my know if you want my
source ...
 ---Jim