[Shapelib] Resync from GDAL / preparation for a new release

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Dec 5 05:21:46 PST 2016

On lundi 5 décembre 2016 11:21:58 CET Sandro Mani wrote:
> Hi Even
>
> Good to see shapelib updated. I have a custom branch with an autotools
> buildsystem [1] to replace the handwritten makefile (which for one
> simplifies compilation for other targets, MinGW for one). Would you be
> willing to merge this to upstream?

Sandro,

Thanks. I've just committed the changes of your branch (except the update to LGPL v2.1 since
that would require agreement from copyright holders. Anyway X/MIT is also an option). Was
kind of fun to port your changes to CVS with file removals, etc. ;-)

I had to do a few extra changes, among which :
- add new sbnsearch.c in the lib, and link it against -lm if needed
- avoid CVS directories to be added by make dist
- fix CMakeList.txt to accomodate for the new test tree structure, and add it to the dist files
- add makefile.vc to dist files
- fix shpgeo so that the contrib/tests/shpproj.sh doesn't crash in proj.4 (I wonder if that test
had ever worked before since from what I see pj_transform() has never accept a NULL projPJ
object)
- did change a bit configure.ac and contrib/Makefile.am and in contrib/shpgeo.h so as to be
able to build without proj.4. You need to ./configure --with-proj-cflags='' --with-proj-libs=''
- add a -precision xx option to shpdump so that contrib/tests/shpproj.sh pass (with too many
significant figures the original dump and the one after multiple reprojections have
differences)
- change references in various files from LICENSE.LGPL to COPYING

"make distcheck" works from a fresh CVS checkout, and the cmake and nmake builds from
the generated tarball as well, so I guess things should be mostly in order.

Double checking appreciated.

I've created a github mirror of the cvs repo with git cvsimport :
https://github.com/rouault/shapelib_git_mirror/commits/master

Even

http://www.spatialys.com