[SoC] Mentor Selections - GeoTools, uDig

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 11:45:14 EDT 2007

Skimming the page at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SoC_Application_Rankings_by_Project

I see that there is some lack of clarity who is supposed to mentor what
projects for GeoTools and uDig as well.

For uDig Ian is listed twice, but both times with question marks.  I'm
not sure what the "student already allocated" comment beside the Sensor
Observation Service related project means.

For GeoTools "New Transformation Algorithms for GeoTools and uDig" lists
Jesse or Martin and a question mark.  I think Martin indicate he was not
available to mentor this summer. The 3D Rendering Pipeline Component does
not have a mentor listed.

I had really been hoping for each project PSC to pass a motion with a
selection and mentor set.  I am not exactly clear if any project bug GDAL
has actually done that.

... lessons learned ...

Best regards,