[SoC] Students are coming...
chorner at refractions.net
Tue Apr 10 13:40:11 EDT 2007
in the next day or two...
What are we going to tell them?
Right off the bat we should hit them with a list of requirements, ie
weekly meeting with mentor/progress report...
- send an intro email right away
- everyone should let frank know that they have made contact with their
- secondary mentors for each student (for improved communication when
- get the students talking on devel mailing lists (emphasis with getting
the student into the COMMUNITY)
- set them up with svn access (your code will live here) and such
- private mailing list for osgeo gsoc students only?
- blogging? (a blog post from each student, each week or two would be
cool... and would make osgeo more visible -- there may be a group
already hosting gsoc 2007 student blogs)
- each project should introduce the gsoc students on the mailing list
- osgeo will get $7500 from google as its mentoring stipend; will this
(or a portion) be distributed to each project or held by osgeo?
Would someone care to break out some wiki pages for this? I am out of
More information about the Soc