[SoC] SoC list Questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 18:47:54 EDT 2007

Jody Garnett wrote:
> I think I am just trying to grasp what this list is for .... I already
> screwed up and have signed up twice (once with gmail and now at work).
> I agree that evaluating student proposals can happen on the development
> lists :-)
>
> If we are sorting out admin questions the existing google email list for
> SoC is a good venue (all mentors are signed up already). The only danger
> is getting lost admin 300 other organizations.

Jody,

This list is for:
  o first line asking questions before bothering the much higher subscriber
    Google list.
  o sorting out how we select student proposals.
  o Any other stuff about OSGeo's role in SoC.

While I am unclear on how this works, I am assuming OSGeo will be allowed
a specific number of student slots.  If our projects have more student
proposals that they would like to proceed with than we have slots available,
we will need to discuss how to pick a subset to proceed with.

Really this list ought to have been created before even submitting the
original application since the lack of an obvious venue to ask and answer
questions contributed a bit to the chaos while appyling.

By the way, we seem to have our first application at:

   http://code.google.com/soc/osgeo/open.html

I assume that all signed up mentors can see this when the login and visit
that url?

Best regards,