[SoC] SoC list Questions

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Mar 16 19:53:40 EDT 2007

On 17.03.2007 02:22, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Rather it was an opportunity for me to raise something I think
> may be an issue.  There are some of the folks mentoring that I don't know
> at all.
>
> Best regards,

Now he is talking about me, so I will introduce my self.

My name is Wolf Bergenheim and I have been studying and using GRASS for
about 1,5 years now. I know that is not very much, but OTOH I'm a quick
study ;).
Anyway, I'm still studying (still after 10 years, *sigh*). My major is
Computer Science and my primary minor is geoinformatics. Part of the
reason why my studies are still ongoing is that I have been working in
the computer industry since 1999 (full time). My daily work involves
developing instant messaging protocols (you know like MSN, XMPP, ICQ,
etc). Since I consider myself a professional developer I disqualified
myself from joining the GSoC as a student. In a recent course we had
some algorithms for features not really present in GRASS, which I think
most students should be able to handle. Thus I added them as ideas and
signed up as a potential mentor. If nobody gets interested in doing them
I will probably develop some of them by my self, but it will be later...

I just turned 30 and I live in Finland, Espoo to be more precise. Other
then GRASS and geoinformatics I enjoy hiking and reading.

Want to know more? I'll gladly reply to any questions.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>