[SoC] Windup, and Mentor Summit, Mentor Payments

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 11:22:54 EDT 2007

Frank,

I'd be happy to donate mine to OSGeo. If you have 501c status, would
it be possible to get receipt for tax purposes?

THK

On 8/31/07, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have had a successful program this summer, and all our surveys are in
> on time.  Only one student failed - he seemed to disappear after the midterm
> survey.  I'm very pleased with the work on GDAL that I am directly familiar
> with.
>
> Mentor Summit
> -------------
>
> Google has indicated that OSGeo is welcome to send up to three delegates
> to the Summer of Code Mentor Conference October 6th.  Google is reembursing
> reasonable travel expenses (upto $500 within US, $1200 from outside) and
> providing a hotel for one night.
>
> If anyone is potentially interested, let me know and I can provide some
> details.
>
> Mentor Payments
> ---------------
>
> The program includes a $500USD payment for each mentor.  These payments are
> made to the mentor organization (OSGeo).  It isn't clear to me what we are
> going to do with this money.  Should OSGeo try and distribute it to all the
> mentors?  Should we consider it a "contribution to OSGeo"?  Should we make
> it optional for the mentor?
>
> I'd appreciate thoughts on this.  I will say that from an administrative
> point of view it would be most convenient to just leave the money with
> OSGeo. :-)
>
> Best regards,
> --

Timothy H. Keitt, University of Texas at Austin
Contact info and schedule at http://www.keittlab.org/tkeitt/
Reprints at http://www.keittlab.org/tkeitt/papers/
ODF attachment? See http://www.openoffice.org/