[SoC] Windup, and Mentor Summit, Mentor Payments

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 4 15:55:08 EDT 2007

Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> So what would we do if we want to donate? How do we make the check out
> to and where would we send it?

Landon,

Are you speaking of the mentorship payment or just an extra donation for OSGeo?
The beauty of the mentorship payment is that all we have to do to leave it to
OSGeo is *nothing*.  It is paid to OSGeo by Google, and we just avoid the
steps of trying to distribute it to individuals.

If you mean just to give a donation you can contact Tyler Mitchell about making
one.  But my personal opinion is that we are better off leaving cash
contributions to the rich and the corporations, and as individuals instead
focus on contributing time and effort on projects and other OSGeo efforts
as you and others have done on the SoC effort for instance.

Best regards,