[SoC] Final Status report for GeoWebCache

Marius Suta marius.geoserver at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:04:07 EDT 2008

Status Report and update for GWC for the week ending on August 15th,
2008

I've spent the last week completing the merging of GWC to trunk and
making various changes suggested by my mentor.
I've - added comments and documentation,
        - added a status/progress report mechanism for the threads
executing seeding tasks,
        - added support for json for POST requests for both tile layer
creation/modification as well as seed requests, in addition to the
existing xml capability.
        - updated the wiki pages for the REST interface and for the
GWC seeder with directions on how to test/use the new features, and
have included sample xml/json test files.

Seeing that the progam is drawing to its end, I'd like to take this
opportunity to thank my mentor and the people on #geoserver for all
the valuable help that i received from them during these 3 months.
I've had the opportunity to learn about and use the spring framework,
SVN, dependency injection, cURL, plus a couple of great tools such as
restlet, acegi, xstream, and so on - most  of which i had no prior
knowledge of.  As for the future, I plan to contribute  to the project
as much as time will permit me (I'm starting a MSc in Information
Security in the Fall at University of Kent, England).

I look forward to the alpha release of GWC next week ( arneke - wink ).

Marius