[SoC] Report uDig - Digital Elevation Model

Josef Bezdek josef.bezdek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 22:12:29 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I am still working on the module IncrementalDT(Delaunay triangulation).
Last week I completly converted the module from KDtree on Geotools's
RTree indexing. Calculation of 10.000 points takes 6sec with using
Rtree. The calculation was  performed on PC with CPU DualCore 1,6GHz.
Maximum size of points for calculation is 65.000 for RAM solution. Now I
am doing a variant for saving to HDD. I have same problem with this,
becouse original algorithm use network data structure. Every triangle
has three pointers to its neighbours. It can't be used for HDD saving
and so I had to change code from pointer to index to data structure.

 Next week I want to finish HDD solution and module for solving fixed
lines in TIN.

Greets Josef