[SoC] Re: SoC Report: v.buffer/v.parallel reimplementation

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:19:44 EDT 2008

Hi,
This week I was blocked by unexpected behavior of my module. Some
inputs resulted in (slightly) wrong output and sometimes no output at
all. I have identified the causes after a lot of debugging. I came to
the conclusion that I need to reimplement two functions. Wolf, my
mentor, showed me some functions in GRASS library, which can do the
work but using them introduces several complications. Therefore, I
decided to write my own functions. That way the code will be much
faster. By the way, these particular routines might come in handy for
other uses. I'll post a detailed description when I finish them.
(Briefly, they construct a graph, given a polyline on the input.) To
sum up, the last week was somewhat disappointing because of those
*bugs*, but I've resolved them at least on paper.
Next week I'll be implementing the things I've thought up.
The blocks are (hopefully) gone.

Rosen Matev