[SoC] GeoWebCache Update

Marius Suta marius.geoserver at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:50:39 EDT 2008

Status Report and update on GeoWebCache for the week anding on June
20th, 2008

This week's work concerned itself with the implementation of the
changes to TileLayer to use the Restful interface.
-Rewrote TileLayer as a class rather than the previous interface. Thus
WMSLayer will extend TileLayer.
-added a TileLayerResource class to integrate with the RESTful
interface provided by restlet.org
-added a new configuration class, XMLConfiguration that reads the
configuration from an xml file.
-dropped the idea of using both jdom and restlet.org together. A
closer inspection of restlet.org's capabilities revaled that through
the use of w3c DOM model we can obtain an easier integration with
restlet.org. Thus jdom will no longer be needed.

The following week I will also add write capabilities to the
configuration through the rest interface, so far only reads are
possible.

Thank you,

Marius Suta