[SoC] Eureka! (I found a student...)

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:12:22 EDT 2008

I've managed to dig up a potential Google Summer of Code student from
a GIS program at a local community college. He is interested in
working on a Java project for Deegree and/or OpenJUMP. (I'm willing to
serve as his mentor for the summer.) I hope this will give the Java
community some better representation this time around, and will allow
me to actually get my hands dirty as a mentor.

He's going to provide me with some info on his GIS and programming
background and skill level. I'm working with him right now to select a
project idea. It will probably be from this list of ideas, unless he
has something else in mind:
http://openjump.org/wiki/show/Google+Summer+Of+Code+Ideas+List

If there are no objections, I will ask the student to subscribe to the
OSGeo Summer of Code and JPP mailing lists. His name is Christopher.
When he posts please give him a warm welcome.

Landon (A.K.A. - The Sunburned Surveyor)