[SoC] Mentor summit

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Sun Sep 7 13:53:29 EDT 2008

Hello mentors!

We have now been officially invited to the SoC Mentor Summit and can
send two representatives. One from the US and one from elsewhere. I was
there last year, and can say it was a terrific event, and made tons of
contacts. There will be about 200 key people from about 100 open source
projects, and this year it is a two-day event.

The event is (as you probably know) on the 25th and the 26th of October
(yes two days!) in googleplex, Mountain view CA, USA.

Google will reimburse up to 700 USD for USE domestic flights only and
1500 USD for foreign flights.  OSGeo can probably also sponsor a bit
with the mentor money we got (need to work out the details still). Also
google will pay for a hotel room for 2 nights and OSGeo can probably
help with one more night or so.

So who wants to go? Any mentor is applicable, whether you officially had
 a student or not, and whether your student was successful or not.

Regards,
Wolf Bergenheim
OSGeo SoC Administrator