[SoC] Report #12: WMS Tiling Cache support in gvSIG

Xi Chen chaunceychan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 12:55:23 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I am Xi Chen working on the WMST-C support in gvSIG project.

This is the last weekly report for Google Summer of Code 2009. There is no doubt that I will continuously cherish this memory in the futrue and in my life. It is my honor to participating in such a famous opensource organization admir OSGeo. Although my work is negligible to my organization, I will remember and enjoy this period forever. It indeed opens a door and guilds me to wonderful and magic opensource world.

First, this must owe to my mentor Luis W. Sevilla. He is a precisian full of experience, capability, and more significantly, responsibility. As well, he is also a gentleman with proper humour and various knowledges range from history to culture. It is fortunate that I have this chance to follow his instructions, chat with him happily, and share our common interests. Luis is also a fan of Chinese. He is interested in almost everything in China. And I am also a fan of Spain because of its sailing history, etc. so we can share many many common topics. It is a wonderful holiday, isn't it? Luis also teaches me that as a software engineer of global view, how to analyse and solve a complicated issue, how to arrange a schedule for a project, how to perform a global teamwork role and communicate with workmates, mentors and people all over the world, and so many other things which I cannot list them one by one on such a limited piece of paper. So, thank you Luis from my heart.

Still as important as the first, this must owe to my co-mentor Jorge Sanz. If no him, maybe no one read my proposal, maybe no one recommend me to your admir OSGeo and join in such a perfect team, maybe no one introduce such a outstanding mentor to me, and maybe no one will help me at the crucial and key time. Thank you very much.

As well, no one will forget Wolf Bergenheim for his wonderful administration. Thanks for your constant attention on my project. Yet we are not familiar enough with each other, however, maybe you forget, but I will not, for your reply to my first weekly report, your humour and your magnanimous.

Last but not least, I must thank other GSoCers (Mentors and Students) on the mailing list and IRC channel. It is fortunate that I can work with so many outstanding person including scientists and engineers nowaday or in the future. Although we have different nationalities and skin colors, but we share one dream, which is improving our organization, and is opening the world (opensouce all over the world).

Sorry for my too poor English to express my appreciation to you. I just want to say, cherish you.

Here is my project wiki page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2009_WMS_Tiling_Cache_support_in_gvSIG

The 12th and the last weekly report:
http://sites.google.com/site/wmstcache/weekly-reports/report-12