[SoC] Congratulations to all students who passed

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Aug 24 18:52:50 EDT 2009

Congratulations to all students who passed the final evaluation is
OGSgeo's GSoC program!

This year has all in all been even more successful than last year and
We are proud of our 17 new graduates!

I'd also like to thank Landon Blake (A.K.A. The Sunburned Surveyor)
and Hamish Bowman for the excellent help in co-administering this
program.

Last but by no means least I'd like to thank all Mentors for their
hours of work with the students. This program wouldn't exist if it
wouldn't be for you!

One of the last actions in this program will be to upload your work to
Google, but more on that later from Google, and me. I'm still
collecting final reports, and the offer still stands, a gift
certificate to the OSGeo web store to buy yourself an OSGeo T-shirt
(or some other goodies) for all who send in that final report.

Finally I'd like to express my dream that all of you 17 students will
stick around and show pride in your work, as you maintain it and maybe
polish it more, or who knowns maybe you have some more features to
add? Before you know it you will be regular developers at the projects
you worked with... ;)

Thank you and good night,
Wolf Bergenheim
OSGeo GSoC Administrator