[SoC] (no subject)

Matthias Stumpp mstumpp at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:27:15 EDT 2009

Hi All,

my weekly report for project "bi-directional search algorithm", no. 2:

1) What did I get done this week?
-------------------------------------

I finished designing the reference architecture. Due to the complexity
of pgrouting, I decided to first implement an independent version of
the bi-directional search algorithm using C++. This approach allows to
verify proper functioning of the algorithm first before integrating it
into pgrouting.

2) What do I plan on doing next week?
-------------------------------------

I intend to finish the implementation of the algorithm at the end of
this week. After that, I will concentrate on the current version of
pgrouting. Since documentation of the code is quite rare, it will
probably be the most challanging part of the project to understand the
code. However, this effort is required to adequately integrate the
algorithm into pgrouting and ensure proper functioning of the overall
environment.

3) Are there any blocking issues?
No major issues at this time. Just a handful of smaller ones :-). Most
of them are just code-related issues that can be sorted out by reading
documentation...

Thanks,
Matthias