[SoC] Web Map Tiles for uDig, 3rd week report

Tobias Sauerwein to.srwn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:55:00 EDT 2009

Hi!

1) What did I get done this week?
This week I added a possibility to manually set the zoom-level in which
the tiles will be fetched. This will be useful if the user wants to
print out maps for which a higher quality is needed. The zoom-level can
be set on a separate layer property page I added. First I had the
problem that this property page was shown for every layer, not only for
the layers which display the tiles. But Eclipse RCP does offer some
powerful options to check which extension points should be enabled in
the plugin.
Beside that I did continue my work on the cache. Now my renderer also
uses the WMS-C disk-cache.

2) What do I plan on doing next week?
Together with Jesse I am still working on how the tool/command to zoom
to the fixed zoom-levels can look like. It could either be displayed in
a toolbar or in an extra window.

I will also have to review the cache part of my code to see which
changes will have to be made in the WMS-C plugin so that there is no
duplicate code.

3) Are there any blocking issues?
No.

Have a nice weekend,