[SoC] My 3rd report on opengraphrouter

Ashraf Hossain ashraf10bd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 13:18:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was thinking about the navigation service and accurate routing and
got this method(in the link) is the best so far.
Because we can not allow every point in a polyline feature as vertex.
If we allow then the size of the graph will be huge.
So if we think about virtual vertex and virtual edge then the problem
will be solved.
The virtual vertex and virtual edges will not be added with the main
vertex and edge list in the graph.
This will be calculated locally in the shortest path algorithm functions.

I will be glad if any one has better idea regarding this.

The report link is below with 2 attached figure.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/opengraphrouter/wiki/OpenRouter_Network_builder_report_20090612

Regards
Roni