[SoC] OSGeo SoC web3D Project?

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Mar 24 06:03:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am a student of Geography, Computer Science and Cartography and I plan
to participate on SoC this year. I'm very enthusiastic on web3D in the
moment, so I want to do something in that direction.
I'm looking to implement an W3DS [1] client for a web3D open source
application, I favor to do it with WWJ[2]. Yesterday I asked the WWJ
Email List, If they would mentor my Project, and I didn't got an answer
yet (it seems the list is out of use). From the list of participating
organisations SoC [3] it looks like WorldWind Project is not
participating on this years SoC either.

So my question to you is; is there some possibility to do a project like
this within an OSGeo Project? My preferred programming language is Java
and I have some skills in Web authoring stuff (HTML, JavaScript, PHP,
CSS, JavaEE etc.).

Thanks very much in advance and best regards,
Christian

[1] http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=8869
[2] http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/java/index.html
[3] http://socghop.appspot.com/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2009