[SoC] Question about GSoC 2009

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Mar 29 13:35:03 EDT 2009

Jorge Arévalo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm interested in several OSGeo projects as student for GSoC.
> Specifically in:
> - PNG Driver (for GDAL)
> - GeoXACML implementation (for Geoserver)
> - WMTS implementation (for GDAL)
> - REST Configuration Clients (for Geoserver)
> - WKT Raster Driver (for GDAL)
>
> And I have these doubts:
> - May I have to send the applications directly to the mentors of the
> projects? Who are they?

Jorge,

Ultimately you need to submit the proposal through the google web interface,
but I would encourage you to contact and engage folks from the projects
directly as well.

> - Although I think that I have the skills needed, I would like to know a
> little more about the estimated difficulty of the projects.

I would be pleased to answer any questions I can about the GDAL related
projects.   The best place to discuss these would likely be the gdal-dev
mailing list, though I'd be pleased to discuss them directly too if you
wish.

Best regards,