[SoC] SVN sandbox access for the GSoC students

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 05:36:49 EDT 2009

andrea wrote:
> Honestly not sure about that. The different projects
> usually have their svns and people used to them.
> I would find it obvious to use those svns. Mentors would
> have less issues to follow progress. Does this sound reasonable?
> Pardon me if I didn't get the point.

my reading of it is that if it is difficult for a project to offer SVN
space to the student for whatever reason, OSGeo has the resources to
provide that for them. Either by borrowing a bit of space from another
project (can be done immediately) or by asking the SAC create a new one
(expect delay but perhaps better long term).

>From the perspective of merging completed code back into the project's
trunk, using a limited access branch of the project's own SVN repo is
preferable.

Hamish