[SoC] GRASS - Network Analysis, 3rd week report

Daniel Bundala bundala at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:01:42 EDT 2009

Hi List,

This week, I implemented a module that computes the shortest path
between all pairs of nodes in the graph. You can also specify which
pairs you are interested in, so that the module does not have to
produce the entire NxN matrix. Also, I started on network flow
modules. So far, I have implemented a flow algorithm and a simple
module that finds the maximum flow between two given vertices(Well,
for debugging purposes, it can handle only the flow between nodes 215
and 219, so far....) Anyway, here is couple of pictures:
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/mfu.png,
http://people.ksp.sk/~dano/grass/mfu2.png. One cross is source, the
other one is sink. Blue edges correspond to low flow, green to medium
and red to high flow. I used speed limit as edge capacities. Although
it is not the case in the two pictures I posted, the forward and
backward capacities of an edge can be different.

For the next weeks, I plan to revise for my exams. As you may be
aware, I have started two weeks earlier and so I will take a short
break now.... Currently, I have no blocking issues.

See you in July!
Daniel