[SoC] Bi-directional search implementation project

Matthias Stumpp mstumpp at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 08:42:28 EDT 2009

Hi there,

it's Matthias. Just a quick reminder, as part of GSoC 2009, I am working
on an implementation of a bi-directional algorithm for the pgrouting
engine.

Here we go ...this is my weekly report:

1) What did I get done this week?
---------------------------------
During first week, I started setting up a test environment using the
pgrouting tools. This is required since the new algorithm has to work
with the current platform.

Of course, I also started to get familiar with the bi-directional
search. Since I am feeling quite confident with the basic idea of the
algorithm already, I am currently working on a reference architecture
for a bi-directional search algorithm.

2) What do I plan on doing next week?
-------------------------------------
For next week, I plan to get the test environment up and running. I will
also further work on the architecture.

Once the architecture is approved, the idea is to investigate which part
of the already implemented Dijkstra version of the algorithm can/must be
reused and which parts need to be implemented from scratch.

3) Are there any blocking issues?
The test environment is not yet up and running. However, I will work on
that next week. Are there still any problems at the end of next week, I
will of course make use of the OSGeo list.

In case there are any questions, please let me know...

Thanks!
Matthias