[SoC] Mentor of projects: WFS-T or NetCDF support for gvSIG

Jorge Piera Llodrá jpiera at gvsig.org
Wed Apr 7 08:52:28 EDT 2010

Hi all.

My name is Jorge Piera and I'm a member of the gvSIG [1] development
team since 2005. I've been working with several OGC specifications and
at this moment I'm working in a project to add support to gvSIG for
sensor observations.

I'd like to be a mentor for the GSoC 2010 to work in some projects
related with gvSIG. These projects are:

1) WFS-T:

WFS-T is a subset of requests/replies in the OCG WFS specification that
allows remote edition of both alphanumerical and geometric attributes of
a feature collection. The goal of this project is add support for WFS-T
to gvSIG.

2) NetCDF

NetCDF is a set of software libraries and machine-independent data
formats that support the creation, access, and sharing of array-oriented
scientific data [4]. There are libraries for several programming
languages, including Java. The goal of this project is add support for
NetCDF to gvSIG.

Cheers!