[SoC] Weekly reports #7 wxNviz

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 05:39:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

1) What did I do last week [1,2]

* Unfortunately I was forced to reorganize my development roadmap. I
have spent much more time on GUI consolidation/rewrite then I was
expecting.

2) What do I plan to do this week [3]

* To finish consolidation of the GUI, fix lighting, and probably also
implement missing vector query functionality.

3) Do I have any problems/obstacle which interfere with my work

* Generally speaking missing free time, to much work on the GUI
consolidation. So at end I was forced to reorganize my roadmap [3] and
to implement less features then I was planning. Anyway I am going to
work on wxNviz also after GSoC - my goal is to implement all missing
features compared to original TCL/TK Nviz in GRASS 7.0 till the end of
the year and as a result to drop TCL/TK dependency in this version.

Best regards, Martin Landa

[1] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz_GSoC_2010#Week_10_.28August_2.29
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz_GSoC_2010#Week_11_.28August_9.29
[3] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz_GSoC_2010#Project_plan