[SoC] Update on REST API Project [Weekly Report]

Vikas Banjara vikashbanjara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 15:21:26 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This week, I complete the User use case. I can now get, post and put on the
resource USER. I have used this article as reference while implementing this
resource: http://www.mapbender.org/Resource:User

There are issues with the implementation. Currently I expose all the columns
of a table. I need to fine tune this so that I expose only required columns
of the table. For example when there is a get request on a user id , the api
returns the entire row of the user id which includes the password also. This
should be a big NO. I will fine tune this in coming week. I will discuss
this with the mentor Seven and other mapbender devs.

In the next week, I will start discussing a new use case and will then start
working on the same. In the mean time I will also fine tune User resource.

Thanks
Vikas