[SoC] Update Mapguide

Rohit Razdan rrrazdan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:13:00 EDT 2010

Hi,
Last week I continued with the code changes required for the upgrade to
dbxml 2.5.16. The Xerces portion was completed, but the dbxml portion has
proven to be a challenge. The changes are small but numerous and spread
around the large and complex codebase that MapGuide is.
This week I plan on continuing the same work. The original plan was to have
a patched version for testing by the community ready by this week, but this
has proven to be difficult. I plan on asking help from the community and my
mentor. The major obstacle is the large codebase of mapguide, and this being
my first time with such a large codebase I have had difficulty with my tools
as well.

Regards
Rohit