[SoC] uDig GSoC / weekly report

Davide davide.savazzi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 21:04:55 EDT 2010

1) What did I do last week

- tried Neo4j DataStore with GeoServer: after some little changes now
it is usable (but getFeatureInfo still doesn't work)

- I've completed the first version of the shortest-path tools: 'add
waypoint' and 'find path'.

2) What do I plan to do this week

- in the shortest-path tools I have still some small tasks to complete
(mainly UI improvements)

- I'll look at the geotools graph module and at the sample routing
plugin to see how Neo4j and existing graph support in geotools can
interact.

- I'll do some benchmarks and try to see how performance can be
improved (maybe using the latest Neo4j version and the A* search
algorithm instead of Dijkstra's).

- I'll discuss with my mentor about further developments

Davide Savazzi