[SoC] Weekly Report for Week 8. gvSIG.

luca bianconi lc.bianconi at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 12 04:01:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I describe shortly the activities of this week aimed mostly to a generic
code review, both on the logical and on the coding sides, and source code
reformatting according to gvSIG standards as described into the
specifications [1].

I've finished the general reformatting of the code, commenting the existing
ones and adding test cases, improving a little bit the testing part of the
library.

What have I done:

    * reformatted the code completely
    * reformatted comments completely
    * adding logging system (with SLF4J) according to gvSIG specifications
    * adding testcases for other classes
    * not implement yet reading/writing capabilities of 3D geometries
from/to SpatiaLite Blob:
         discussed longely about it with A. Furieri (developer of
SpatiaLite) from whom I've received important explications and suggestions
on how to implment evetually the 3D/4D geometry support
    * fixed some bugs

What I plan to do next week:

    * implement the proper extension for gvSIG using the small library
created during the past weeks

    If there's time already this week :
    * implment of reading/writing capabilities of 3D geometries from/to
SpatiaLite Blob and WKB
    * adding transactions for securing the SQL operations

    I postpone the implementation of reading/writing capabilities of 3D/4D
geometries from/to SpatiaLite Blob and WKB because the bug fix to the gvSIG
plugin Wizard has been done during the past week so I could integrate now
the library for enabling SQLite/SpatiaLite support within gvSig already this
week, if nothing goes wrong. That would mean that the whole job would be
completed and integrated with the software and I would have a marvellous
month more to improve, add capabilities and features, do lots of debugging,
create tests and to any other stuffs my mentors think useful.

Problems:

    * No real problem, just need to loose some time for fixing the "3D/4D
problems" with JTS(java library used here for WKB/WKT) and SpatiaLite Blob.
Probably I will be obliged to implement all these functions outside JTS.

Cheers,
Luca

[1]
https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2.0.0/coding-development-guidelines/coding-conventions