[SoC] QGIS on steroids - week #8

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:41:55 EDT 2010

Hi all,

The tasks I've done:
- finish the big refactoring of editing functionality of vector layer
into a separate class
- adapted the remaining grass vector provider to new read API using
iterator pattern
- implemented smart refreshing of map canvas
- profiled OGR's shapefile driver and done some optimizations with
very good results, see my suggestions [1]

Next week I'm going to focus on further profiling, improvements and
optimizations here and there. I'm not blocked on anything.

A bit more detailed report is on my wiki page [2].

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2010-July/025365.html
[2] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGIS_on_steroids_GSoC_2010

Regards
Martin